8.20.2006

The New Windsor Fair, Rodeo, and Horse Show

Last night we journeyed over to the New Windsor Fair, Rodeo, and Horse Show--justifiably dubbed "The Best Little Rodeo in the Midwest." I say justifiably, but the truth is, it's the only rodeo I've ever been to--in the Midwest or otherwise.

I'll let some photos say their thousand words and whatnot:

Before the show

The pomp

The crowd

More pomp

Preparing for action

Um...action

More action (No calves were injured in the making of this photograph)

I didn't get any photos of this act but probably should have.

And tangentially related, for the people who show up here because they like books: Check out Maile Meloy's "Ranch Girl."

Come on. Go do it. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

writingblind said...

I love rodeos. First time I ever got drunk was at a rodeo. I think I was 14. But that's a story for another time.