11.14.2006

Resource

The amazing Pia Z. Ehrhardt has an interview with one of my favorite writers, Ron Carlson, over at Quick Fiction.

Though he is one of my favorite short-story writers, I forget about Ron Carlson every now and then. And I just now realized that I haven't once taught a Ron Carlson story. This is going to change soon.

Also, after you read the interview, answer me this: How eloquent is that guy? One of my teachers attended a conference once where Mr. Carlson was the featured speaker, and afterwards, my teacher said Carlson was so charming and good-looking and eloquent--and, of course, such a great writer--that he started hoping the guy would slip-up just once, and say something stupid, or show up for his keynote address with mustard on the lapel of his sport coat.

No comments: