4.25.2007

Irish Twins

Whenever I mention my brother around people who don't know him, they ask who's older. I tell them I am, that I'm exactly fifty-one weeks older than he is.

And today, today's my brother's thirtieth birthday, which means we are the same age from now until next Wednesday.

I usually explain this phenomenon by saying that my parents were so excited, so happy to have me, they got right to work on making another one just like me. And then they had my brother. And then they stopped altogether.

My brother's never really liked that story. His goes something like, "They had you and were so disappointed they were certain they could do better, so they had me, and once they'd achieved that perfection they stopped."

Since it's his birthday, I suppose I'll go with his little tale for now.

At least until next week.

No comments: