11.09.2007

Handle With Care

I was twelve years old in 1988, when this song was first released.

I really liked it, but I didn't think about it much until about a year or so ago, when Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins covered it.

Now, looking back on it all, I realize that back in 1988 I knew who Tom Petty and Roy Orbison were, but I had no idea who Bob Dylan and George Harrison were.

I know, it's sad. I blame my parents.

I still don't know who Jeff Lynne is.

On a related note, I'm pretty sure that the collection of stories I've been working on forever was at one point tentatively titled "Handle with Care."

For now, it remains "All I Have in the World."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chad--Jeff Lynne is the dude that made all those songs sound like 1988.

Drop me a note if you get the chance...
Ethan