7.27.2008

Dear Glen Pourciau

I read this story by you back when I was a juvenile probation officer, about a year before I went to grad school. I remembered the story for a long time, but for some reason I always thought it was in The Gettysburg Review. I'm not sure why. Did you ever even publish a story in The Gettysburg Review?

Since then, I've read a number of stories by you. In case you didn't realize it, your name is fairly peculiar, at least where I'm from, and whenever I see it in some journal's table of contents, I read what you've written. You haven't let me down yet.

And then, a few days ago, I was at one of the chain bookstores around here and saw the latest issue of The Paris Review. Your name was either on the cover or it was, as I've been so excited to see it so many times before, in the table of contents. I sat down on the bench in the store and read your story, and then I flipped to the contributor's notes, to see what else you've been up to, what I might have missed, when I saw this.

Man, I know I'm a little late getting to the news, but the good thing about it is that your book is going to be coming out soon. Very soon.

I can't wait.

Huge congrats,
Chad

No comments: