6.18.2007

Ruining My Summer

Miller's Chill.

According to the label, it's "Inspired by a Mexican Recipe with Lime & Salt." In other words, it tastes something like a Corona, only you don't have to slice your own lime.

I'm sure there are doubters out there, but Chill (which J.C. and I for some reason have dubbed "Chalupa") is pretty damn good in my book.

And for the record: it's not necessarily ruining my summer. So far, things are going pretty well. I wrapped up my first story on Friday--the one I posted bits of on here. In those posts, I speculated at first that I thought the story would be about 900 words. Later, I guessed 2,500. Right now, it stands at about 4,000. I'm going to let it sit for now.

My office is in the basement, in what was going to be a bedroom for the previous occupants. When they were converting it into a bedroom, they made a little makeshift closet in one corner, so there's a hanger rod along one wall. I've always wanted to find some way to clip drafts of stories to that rod, to hang them like developing photographs. Maybe I'll find some way to do that with "The Most Beautiful Thing About Her."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miller Chill is ruining my summer as well. Not because I'm drinking too much of it. Because I wasted seven dollars buying it. And now, every time I open the fridge, I stare at the five unopened bottles and wish I had my money back. No, Chad. No. Do you remember Nerds? The candy? Chill tastes like nerd-flavored beer. Your endorsement of it is enough to make me not want to be your friend.

Chad Simpson said...

I feel you, Ben.

I realize every time I open one that I shouldn't like it as much as I do--that it's peculiar, odd--but I can't help myself.

I hope we can still be friends.