10.22.2007

Public Service Announcement

From Avery: An Anthology of New Fiction:

November 3rd, 8:00 p.m. at Stain Bar in beautiful Brooklyn, NY.

Avery will have a reading/fundraiser in order to kick off our second issue! Come hear Leigh Newman read from her story "How Monster is Monster," which appeared in Avery 1. And stay for Jonny Diamond (real name), who will read from his story, "Notes on an Elevator Man: A Story in Thirty Chapters," which appears in Avery 2!

We promise action, adventure and, best of all, words!


From me: Avery has excerpts of issue two's stories up at their website, along with the new issue's gorgeous cover. I implore each and every one of you to go and check it out. And while you're there, do what you can to support Adam, Steph, and Andrew. They are cool, cool people, and they're doing all they can to put good stories out into the world.

Don't let this kind of deed go unrecognized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sitting around glumly, wondering if I should do anything tonight, and NOW I see this. The party's starting in 6 minutes, but I think I should go.