4.28.2008

Erased

A couple years ago--my first year teaching here at Knox--I received a story from a student in my Beginning Fiction class that kind of blew me away. Students have done this since then, of course--blown me away with stories--but this may have been the first time it happened.

Not long after that, I received an email from the student letting me know that her story--the one she'd turned in to me in class--had been accepted for publication at Fantasy Magazine.

Now, after a little bit of a wait, it is available online.

You can check it out here.

And if you're someone who may be deterred by the fact that the story's been published in a magazine devoted to fantasy--this is very much a fantastical story, more akin to Aimee Bender than anything else. I really think you should go and read it. Elena's an exceptionally talented writer, and I'm thrilled to see her publish her first story.

No comments: